Friday, June 26, 2009

Some Reflections


Just today, I saw this little girl of age about 4 years old when I was taking the same train as her while I was heading home. She sat with her mother at the reserved seat in one of the cabin while I stood in front of her beside the opposite door. She caught my attention. Her smile especially. She’s just so cheerful and cute. Hugging her mum’s hand and just smile for no apparent reasons. She shook her legs on the seat like any other normal child would do…

…but she’s blind.

I felt for her and ask God why He allowed this in the first place. She’s just a child and so cheerful. Can you imagine not knowing how your parents and yourself look like since born?

Looking at her in the train really trigger my thoughts into this reflection. This little girl does not have one of the most important senses that God gave everyone and Yet she is smiling and laughing. Her smile are smiles from within – no string attached – just plain happiness and cheerfulness. Her smiles also tells me she is satisfied with what she has.

If she is satisfied at her level (from what I saw), why wouldn’t we be satisfied even the more? So many complains in our daily lives only to mean that sometimes we are like a spoilt child who never satisfies.

I thank God for her condition that she is in. She might be blind, but her heart isn’t. God has wonderful plan for her just like He has for us. Praise Him for everything.

All things happen for a reason. No doubt it for His purpose. And indeed it’s good one.

Agape
eugene

No comments: