Sunday, June 14, 2009

13th June 2009, Saturday


The day I have been waiting for has finally came. We jumped and threw our peak caps for the first and the last time of our lives.

We hugged, shouted in joy and running around aimlessly like never before.
I was happy. Too Happy. Its the joy that comes from within. Almost expressed in tears when we were at the formed up point before the parade started.

He knows that I can't thank Him enough for what He has done. And I have proclaimed countless time that getting the rank on my shoulder wasn't a coincidence nor my good conduct. For it is His goodness and flavor He has for me.

No sword of honour, or even the merits but I thank Him nevertheless.
Yes, feelings of disappointment was haunting me since the day the results were made known. I have blamed for the final exercise in Thailand that I did not do well and of my incompetency.
In the midst of it, He told me gently that He wants me to be an Normal officer who leads by His footsteps so that the glory I give will be more.

When I shared about how His grace is magnified in the parade square, a dear fellow Christian cadet of mine reminded me of how God wanted to give Abram the promise Land in Genesis 12:1-3. How amazing.

I have cherished every step I took in the camp and can't be thankful enough. Its only when I realized how limited human is when giving thanks and praise to the Lord is never enough. Its beyond words.

Perhaps the simplest word that can expressed the most gratitude is...

Thank You.


For those who have came down to my parade, you have my most sincere gratitude for you have witnessed His grace magnified in the parade square of SAF MI, OCS.

No comments: