Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yesterday

It was just another typical day in the camp while I march the company to the cookhouse for lunch. Queued up, wait for my turn and the aunty dished all the food on the plate before putting on my tray.

Looking at the food, I thanked God and find a seat while I was drooling. I was hungry. Took myself a drink and sat down. Gave thanks and before I plunged my spoon into the rice, I notice someone looking at me. I looked back and found that it was my company storeman – Yogen staring at me.

I felt uncomfortable obviously. “What are you looking at?” I said in a joking manner.

He replied in a polite tone, “Sergeant, you look like a killing machine..”

I stared at him for a while showing him a ‘question mark’ expression. But actually inside of me, I felt an ‘exclamation mark’. Although people have once said that I looked fierce and unfriendly, but I guess this time is the worst.

‘Killing machine’.. Oh man… I have got nothing to say. Perhaps I really look like one even when I am just not smiling. Do you people really think I look like a ‘killing machine’?

Lol. I kept thinking throughout the day and I came to a conclusion – perhaps I look like a ‘killing machine’… …only when I am in my uniform.

Have I not smile enough?
Have my smile not obvious enough?

Although it is a simple expression by just stretching your cheeks, it takes the heart to do it. Sometimes, it’s a challenge for me to do so but nevertheless, I prefer smiling from the bottom of my heart rather than just some plain smiles.

So next time when I smile, it’ll from the heart. =D

It was just a comment from someone and it somehow triggered me to think deeper, spiritually.

No comments: