Sunday, December 30, 2007

My heart calls

I want Your way
But why am I establishing my own
I want Your will
But why am I not following it
My spirit is thirsty
My testimony for You is dry
Oh water my spirit with Your words
Quench my testimony with You love
For I say not my will
But may Your will be done

Give me the courage to overcome
Perseverance to withstand
Understanding to know
Faith to believe
And wisdom to choose
For all I want is Your plan
This is what I want
This is what I need
This is what is can’t live without

Hold me close
And hug me tight
For the warmth that no one can give
Bless me abundant
Anoint me richly
For these are my basic necessities

Line my heart up with Yours
Let me follow closely behind You
For You are the way, truth and life

Thank You Father
You are the one and only
You deserve all and all through eternity

Your child
Eugene

No comments: