Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas

December is always my favourite month of the year not only because its the last month of the year but also it summaries what I have done throughout the year. A great month for reflections and evaluation of what we have gone through for the past 11 months. Those happy and sad moments captured in your mind somehow stays as part of your memory for a particular period till it is being replaced by other thoughts be it happy or sad ones. Resolutions every year are vague for me as accomplishments made seems so little. Perhaps that 'little' would have made Him happy and it would be enough for me to be satisfied and therefore bringing all the glory to Him.

December is a month for thanks-giving and celebrations even for those who are not Christians. It is one of the few festive seasons which is recognized internationally and thus making it a very unique festival.

It is also a special month for Christians as it signifies the birth month of Christ. Especially the day itself on the 25th. I always have this visuals since young, and that is to sit by the Christmas tree with all my love ones, praying together and thanking God before unwrapping each presents under the Christmas tree, listening to Silent Night on the eve of Christmas while counting down to the actual Christmas day. What a wonderful sight!

Dim orange light surround the environment accompanied by the colourful lights flashing from the Christmas tree bring warmth like never before. A visual I longed to become a reality. Spending Christmas with your love ones seems like a dream that has yet come true for me.

As time goes by, the presents I always wanted each year has been changing gradually, from material to spiritual. Perhaps that's the wonderful part about Time. It changes people - drawing them closer to the Heavenly Father. Your love attracts me and I pray that my love for You would attract others to You as well.

Christmas is not about materialistic presents, fanciful decoration, santa clause nor the christmas tree. Its all about You coming to this world. A day to celebrate Jesus' arrival to the world two thousand years ago. Just like how we celebrate our birthday which are always with respect to the year Jesus' was born (1 A.D). Its amazing.


I say not my will but may Your will be done in my life... Amen

No comments: