Sunday, November 2, 2008

Parents' Wisdom


Wisdom is knowledge, understanding, experience, discretion and intuitive understanding along with a capacity to apply these qualities well towards finding solutions to problems. -- (wikipedia)

We, as children tend to argue with parents with respect to matters which may seems trivial at times. We always thought that they do not understand what we are facing or what we need most at the moment and so to prevent them from giving instructions and advices, we often quarrels with parents.
We want to state our stand, we want more freedom from them but ultimately, we do not know what we are missing out.

To share a testimonial, I have been defying to my mum at times. Her way of doing things is always the opposite from mine and its frustrating when she tries to blend in her's into mine by making me do things her way. Only to realize that in the end, I have been wrong when the results surfaced.

Be humbe to learn from our parents for they have gone through life longer than us and therefore, more experienced. My mum always says," I have eaten more salt than you eat rice." (In chinese) which is true though if we are humble enough to accept it.

I (we) have been proud of myself - too proud to resist important advices and instructions.
Learn to be humble and wise and honour your parents by listening to them.


agape

No comments: