Monday, November 17, 2008

Invisible

click to comment


Recently, I have been reading on a book by Philip Yancy- 'Reaching for the Invisible God'. In his book, he spoke about many issues and life experiences of both himself and others on how to come to know this 'so far yet so near' Being who have been constantly living within those who have accepted Christ.

"Somehow, somewhere, I know the He loves me, even though I do not feel that love as I can feel a human embrace, even though I do not hear a voice as I hear human words of consolation, even though I do not see a smile, as I can see in a human face. Still God speaks to me, looks at me, and embraces me there, where I am still unable to notice it" He said in one of the chapters.

Have you been complaining to God why there is no one to care for you during your downturns when you most needed someone to? I did. I have been asking for help when I most needed one. A worldly help. Instead of a Spiritual one. When I do so, I failed to get one most of the time. And sad to say, it also happens the vice versa way. (which I am terribly sorry for those who have ever asked for my help and I turned them down due to reasons).

Why not ask for the Spiritual help when we know that we ought to? I believe inside our sub-conscious mind, we have set it to a 'default' mode - that is to seek for a worldly help - a help we can see, hear and feel physically, therefore making us feel more of an 'assured' help that one might deem that a problem could be solved without consulting the One who allowed the problem to surface in the first place. That, alone can show our limited mindset which ultimately limit the power of the Almighty.

Do not limit Someone who is limitless. Although due to our fallen nature, we can't seem to help at times but if we always keep in mind the Verse - Mark 9:23 (read!) I believe we can 'awaken' our sub-conscious mind to a state whereby no obstacles, problems, trials, suffering or whatsoever can prevent us from journeying to the destinations we Ought to go.

"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following Your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire* to please You does in fact please You." (Thomas Merton)


--Note the word 'desire' - this word implies that pleasing God is subjected to our choice.


Agape
Eugene

~ A reflection blog ~

No comments: